Monday, March 28, 2011

Genevieve Nnaji On CNN's African Voices (Full length Video)


Nollywood actress Genevieve Nnaji recently made a second appearance on CNN (2nd time within a year). This time around it was on their show 'African Voices'.

    When She was asked by CNN's correspondent Pedro Pinto, about what she does not like and want changed about Nigeria, this is what she had to say:
“I like that as Nigerians as we are, we have some sort of neighborly love that we don’t understand, we have a way of coming to the rescue of complete strangers, we do have that bond and I think it has to do with our background and how we are raised and how Nigerians in a whole have been made to be morally. It’s like you have a moral duty to your society, to yourself, to your family so it’s like everybody’s business is everybody’s business. It’s a bad thing sometimes, but it does have its good sides. You know, so that is something that we are. We probably don’t know as a people and if we don’t know we should know it now, it’s a good thing. What I don’t like about Nigeria…man, I never diss my own country, man! You know, whatever negativity is in a country is in every other country; it’s in every other part of the world. So, the thing is everyone needs to be treated as individuals and not a collective nation. You don’t judge one person or judge one person by another person’s faults. So, I just take every Nigerian the way I see them. I would never live anywhere else to be honest, no.”

Watch the full version of the interview after the jump

No comments:

Post a Comment