Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Don't be too thin, have some meat on your bones"........Heidi Klum


    Heidi Klum is the December cover girl for Self Magazine .In it she  talks a lot about aging and how she approaches things in her late 30s. Heidi says that for now, shes not doing any Botox, and she says she doesn't see herself doing it any time soon. But the most interesting part was this advice: The ultimate beauty Secret for a woman getting older is,
Dont be too thin! It is always better to have a little meat on your bones. Its like that old saying you have to make a choice between the body or the face do you want to look thin, or do you want your face to look good?
When it comes to looking beautiful, Heidi Klum doesn’t believe you’re either thin or you’re out. In fact, the Project Runway star, 37, says that as women age, bigger is better.
“The ultimate beauty Secret for a woman getting older is, Dont be too thin! It is always better to have a little meat on your bones,” Klum tells Self in the December issue. “When you are just muscle, you end up being gaunt in the face, and that makes you look older by 5 or 10 years.”
The model, who recently ended her professional relationship with Victoria’s Secret, also says she doesn’t sweat growing older or getting wrinkles. “I dont have anxiety about it, so Im not running to get Botox. Maybe that will change, but I dont think so. I feel comfortable in my skin and comfortable with aging, so I think its okay that I get wrinkles.”
In the meantime, she says sleep keeps her looking fresh (”I go to bed at 8:30 most nights”), as does self-tanner. “I like how it looks,” she says, “but sometimes I leave gold shimmery marks all over!
Of course, looking beautiful isn’t Klum’s only focus. In addition to working on her show and designing a line of active-wear for New Balance, she’s also raising four kids with her husband, Seal, 47. Klum admits it can be overwhelming when Leni, 6, Henry, 5, and Johan, 3, bombard her with questions at the dinner table, or when Lou, 13 months, cries for no apparent reason, but she’s found a means to stay calm.
“I take a deep breath and say, ‘This is my world,’ ” she tells the magazine. “Its a roller coaster. Sometimes youre on top and everything is fabulous, and sometimes its crazy. But its what I wanted, and in the end, I love it.”
Another sanity-saver? Making Lists.
“Im a big believer in to-do Lists,” she says. “I make them before bed. I think of five things in the shower, and when I come out, I write them down or I cant sleep. I have daily Lists and big-picture Lists. I set goals and get my work done, but I have to plan for fun things, too. Im always thinking about what will make my family happier.”

No comments:

Post a Comment